Spring and summer will be growing season...for jobs, at two employers in Herkimer and Oneida Counties.
"For the first wave of employees for 2018, we'll bring in approximately 290 employees. That's a mixture of salary employees, leadership team, over 200 material handlers, mechanics to work on conveyors, ground equipment, housekeepers and clericals," says Wayne Evans, who gave an economic update during a Genesis Group forum at Utica College on Tuesday. Currently, only four work at the nearly one-million-square-foot facility located in the Route 5S South Industrial Park, commonly known as the Pumpkin Patch. Evans says the jobs will range from mechanics, to clerical, to material handling and human resources, to name a few. "As Tractor Supply stands right now, we have over 1700 stores with growth potential of 2500, so, the growth is really in the northeast market," says Evans.
At Danfoss Silicon Power, at SUNY POLY, in Marcy, they're looking forward to manufacturing power modules this summer.
"We had sent our employees over to learn processes in Germany; they are now coming back with the equipment to install the equipment and we'll start to run it," says General Manager, Michael Hennessey. "We'll start to make samples in June to July and the intention is full qualification and start up and ramp up of production in Q4." Hennessey says he's encouraged by the resumes Danfoss continues to attract.
- Danfoss, Tractor Supply Co. Distribution Center job growth planned
- Tractor Supply distribution center announces more job openings
- Tractor Supply hiring for distribution center in Frankfort
- How to attend Tractor Supply's hiring event at new distribution center
- Tractor Supply Company Distribution Center set to open for business in Frankfort
- Tractor Supply Company Distribution Center officially opens for business in Frankfort
- Tractor Supply announces upcoming job openings at Frankfort facility
- Sales tax benefits extended for Tractor Supply in Frankfort
- Tractor Trailer Safety Drill
- State grants low-cost power to Tractor Supply and Trenton Technology facilities