SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- The man who brutally murdered two of his former co-workers at the Chili's in DeWitt has been sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.
William Wood, Jr. 33, admitted to killing Kristopher Hicks and Stephen Gudknecht on September 15 at the Chili's on Erie Boulevard in DeWitt. He also admitted to attempting to kill another employee, who survived.
At an emotional sentencing Monday morning, the family of the victims, the survivors, and Wood himself addressed the court.
Wood faces the death penalty as part of federal charges he faces for the crime. Prosecutors announced last week that they will seek it.
- DeWitt Chili's killer sentenced to life on state charges
- Erin Hamlin presented DeWitt Clinton Award
- Harried Housewife: Loaded Chili
- Fifth person charged in double homicide at Chili's
- State court hears Word of Life sentencing appeal
- 3 more people charged in connection to double homicide at Chili's
- Prosecutor: Chili's double homicide suspect sought to kill 2 more
- Chili & riggies cook-off benefits Mohawk Valley Challengers
- United States life expectancy falls
- Alleged killer officially charged in deaths of grandmother, landlord