ROME – If you’re interested in a career in law enforcement, you’ve got a week and a half left to sign up for the chance to serve and protect the city of Rome.
The deadline to apply for the City of Rome Police Officer Exam is Aug. 3, and the test will be given on Sept. 15. The cost to take the exam is $25.
To qualify for the test, you must be a high school graduate of possess a GED, and you must have two years of verifiable employment history. You must also be at least 19 years old on the date of the exam, and you will be eligible for appointment once you’ve turned 20 years old.
The starting salary for the position is $32,723 while in the police academy, which increases to $43,631 after successful completion of the academy.
For more information about the test and how to apply, click here. You can also call the Rome Civil Service Department at 315-339-7609 for more information.
- Deadline approaches for Rome police exam
- Civil service exam deadline extended for Rome police officers
- Deadline approaching for UPD applications
- Deadline approaches to avoid government shutdown
- Ride for Missing Children Deadline Approaching
- Utica Dollars for Scholars deadline approaching
- Deadline approaches for income tax extensions
- Deadline Friday to apply for Utica's Firefighter-EMT exam
- Deadline approaches for pistol permit holders to recertify
- Openings: Oneida County Sheriff's Dept. application deadlines approaching