New York State Police are reminding pistol permit holders of the upcoming deadline to recertify their permits.
A recent change to New York State Penal Law requires all pistol permit holders to recertify their permit every five years. Those who were issued a pistol permit before January 15, 2013 must recertify by January 31, 2018.
The deadline to recertify pistol permits issued on or after January 15, 2013 is five years from the date that the permit was issued.
There is no cost for recertification. Those who don’t recertify their permits in accordance with the law will have their pistol permit revoked.
If you need to recertify your pistol permit, click here for more information, including the link to recertify online and forms to download and send in by mail.
- Deadline approaches for pistol permit holders to recertify
- Deadline today to recertify pistol permits issued before Jan. 15, 2013
- Consequences of not recertifying your pistol license
- Pistol permit re-certification deadlines could affect local gun owners
- Local assemblymen call on Cuomo to extend pistol permit recertification deadline
- Deadline approaches to avoid government shutdown
- Ride for Missing Children Deadline Approaching
- Utica Dollars for Scholars deadline approaching
- Deadline approaches for Rome police exam
- Comets season ticket holders celebrate upcoming season