The New York State Department of Taxation and Finance is reminding New Yorkers who obtained a six-month extension that they must file their personal income tax returns on or before Tuesday, Oct. 15.
“We expect around 500,000 returns to be filed ahead of the extension deadline next week,” said Michael Schmidt, New York state commissioner of taxation and finance. “To help filers meet the deadline, we provide a range of free filing resources available anytime on our website, www.tax.ny.gov.”
To view details of a tax account, visit the account summary page. This section includes prepayments to accurately report them on your tax return when filing. This includes estimated tax payments made throughout the year, any overpayment carried forward from the previous year, as well as payments made with your request for an extension of time to file.
Taxpayers with adjusted gross household incomes of $66,000 or less in 2018 can electronically file by searching ‘Free File’ to find free software on the website.
Refunds can also be reviewed by visiting www.tax.ny.gov.
- Deadline approaches for income tax extensions
- Deadline approaching for UPD applications
- Income tax filing deadline pushed to July 15
- Tax filing deadline nears
- Deadline approaches to avoid government shutdown
- Ride for Missing Children Deadline Approaching
- Utica Dollars for Scholars deadline approaching
- Deadline approaches for Rome police exam
- Deadline approaches for pistol permit holders to recertify
- Openings: Oneida County Sheriff's Dept. application deadlines approaching