Friday is the deadline to register to vote in the Federal Primary on June 26.
The 19th Congressional District seat, which includes Otsego County, is currently held by Congressman John Faso, and six Democrats are vying for his seat. On June 26, Democrats in the 19th Congressional District will vote for Jeff Beals, David Clegg, Erin Collier, Antonio Delgado, Brian Flynn, Gareth Rhodes or Pat Ryan. The winner of that primary election will then challenge Faso in November.
In the 21st Congressional District, which includes northern Herkimer County, Republican Elise Stefanik awaits a Democratic challenger from a group of four candidates facing off in a primary election: Tendra Cobb, Emily Martz, Patrick Nelson and Katie Wilson.
In order to vote in those primary races, in-person voter registrations must be done by June 1, and mail-in registrations must be postmarked by June 1 and received by the local board of elections by June 6.
If you still need to register to vote, you can find more information here.
- Deadline to register to vote in Federal Primary is Friday
- Are you registered to vote? Primary registration deadline looming
- Deadline to register to vote in general election is Friday
- NEWSTALK: GTD Deadline Friday
- Only 3 days left for New Yorkers to register to vote in primary elections
- 2017 Holiday Shipping Deadlines
- Tax filing deadline nears
- 2018 Holiday Shipping Deadlines
- UPDATE: Cuomo and Nixon vote in NY primary election
- Deadline Friday to apply for Utica's Firefighter-EMT exam