CHADWICKS, N.Y. --Deborah Leonard, the mother of Lucas Leonard, the boy killed in the 2015 Word of Life Church beating, has been released from prison.
Oneida County District Attoney, Scott McNamara has confirmed this with NEWSChannel 2.
Deborah, along with her husband Bruce, were sentenced in Feb. 2017 for the beatings.
Deborah Leonard was convicted of Assault in the 1st degree, and Assault in the 2nd degree. Her original release date was slated for Jan. 18, 2020 but released two days early. Her post-release supervision will run through Jan. 17, 2025.
Deborah Leonard received credit for time served before she was sentenced, and credit for good behavior while in prison.
The beatings also left Lucas' brother, Christopher, seriously injured.
- Deborah Leonard, mother in Word of Life beatings, released from jail
- Book based on 2015 Word of Life Church beatings is released
- Word of Life Church sold years after deadly beatings in Chadwicks
- 2 Word of Life defendants set to be released from prison
- State court hears Word of Life sentencing appeal
- Woman convicted in Word of Life killing loses appeal
- Mug Club: Keith Leonard's 'Adventures in Realism' exhibit
- Author to write true crime novel based on Word of Life case
- Word of Life Church member convicted in death of half-brother filing appeal
- Upstate NY author writes book on Word of Life Church case