Ahead of the upcoming election, NEWSChannel 2 interviewed both incumbent Democrat, Robert Palmieri, and challenger, Joe Marino, who is running on the Independence line. Both were asked the same questions and given the same amount of time to respond.
Above is the interview with Marino.
The Republican candidate in the Utica mayoral race, Matthew Arcuri, declined to participate in this interview format.
To see interviews for other local races, click below:
County executive race: Anthony Picente Jr.
County executive race: Michael Hennessy
Rome mayoral race: Jackie Izzo
Rome mayoral race: David Halpin
- Decision 2019: Utica Mayoral Race - Joe Marino Interview
- Decision 2019: Mayoral candidate Joe Marino talks possible future for Utica
- Decision 2019: Utica Mayoral Race - Robert Palmieri Interview
- City of Utica has first official mayoral candidate – Joe Marino
- Decision 2019: Rome Mayoral Race - David Halpin Interview
- Decision 2019: Rome Mayoral Race - Jackie Izzo Interview
- Joe Marino expresses concerns about Utica road conditions
- Fact check: Marino calls out Utica mayor's infrastructure improvement plan
- Palmieri retains lead over Marino, winning Utica mayoral primary
- Decision 2019: Oneida County Executive Race - Michael Hennessy Interview