Ahead of the upcoming election, NEWSChannel 2 interviewed both incumbent Democrat, Robert Palmieri, and challenger, Joe Marino, who is running on the Independence line. Both were asked the same questions and given the same amount of time to respond.
Above is the interview with Palmieri.
The Republican candidate in the Utica mayoral race, Matthew Arcuri, declined to participate in this interview format.
To see interviews for other local races, click below:
County executive race: Anthony Picente Jr.
County executive race: Michael Hennessy
Rome mayoral race: Jackie Izzo
Rome mayoral race: David Halpin
- Decision 2019: Utica Mayoral Race - Robert Palmieri Interview
- Decision 2019: Mayor Palmieri weighs in on upcoming primary race
- Decision 2019: Utica Mayoral Race - Joe Marino Interview
- Utica Mayor Robert Palmieri talks budget with local residents
- Decision 2019: Rome Mayoral Race - Jackie Izzo Interview
- Decision 2019: Rome Mayoral Race - David Halpin Interview
- Utica police union backing Palmieri in mayoral race
- Palmieri seeking re-election for third term as Utica mayor
- Palmieri retains lead over Marino, winning Utica mayoral primary
- Mayor Palmieri responds to North Utica residents' flood concerns