Due to the coronavirus pandemic, some polling places have changed throughout the region for primary elections on Tuesday, June 23.
The new polling locations are designated for June only, and will be open 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Local boards of election issued thousands of absentee ballots this year as many are trying avoid crowded polling sites. The absentee ballots must be postmarked June 23, and will be counted next week.
The Herkimer County Board of Elections anticipates a high volume of absentee ballots, and will begin opening and canvassing them July 1.
For those planning to vote in-person Tuesday, below are the updated polling locations by county.
- Towns of Columbia, Litchfield and Winfield will vote at: Litchfield Town Hall, 804 Cedarville Rd., Ilion.
- Towns of Danube, Stark and Warren will vote at: Stark Town Justice Building, 703 Elwood Dr., Fort Plain.
- Towns of Fairfield, East Herkimer and Herkimer will vote at: Herkimer College, 100 Reservoir Run, Herkimer.
- Towns of Frankfort and Schuyler will vote at Frankfort Schuyler High School, 605 Palmer St., Frankfort.
- Town of German Flatts will vote at Central Valley High School, 111 Fredrick St., Ilion.
- City and Town of Little Falls will vote at: Holy Family Parish, 637 John St., Little Falls.
- Towns of Manheim, Salisbury will vote at: Dolgeville Fire Station, 20 S. Helmer Ave., Dolgeville.
- Towns of Newport, Norway, Ohio and Russia will vote at: Russia Town Office, 8916 N. Main St., Poland.
- Town of Webb will vote at: Town of Webb Park Ave, Building: 183 Park Ave., Old Forge.
For more information, visit: herkimercounty.org.
The following is a list of updated locations:
- Middlefield: Town Hall, 3717 County Highway 35 in Cooperstown
- Town of Oneonta: Town Hall, 3966 State Highway 23 in West Oneonta
- Worcester: Worcester Central School Bus Garage, 831 Hollenbeck Road in Worcester
For a full list of polling sites visit: otsegocounty.com.
Polling places in Oneida County will remain the same on June 23 as in previous elections.
To find your poll site by name and county, visit: elections.ny.gov.