UTICA- A dedicated member of the Utica Police Department passed away on Tuesday, July 23.
K-9, Rex, was 11-years-old when he died from a brief illness. His partner, Sgt. Christopher Faniglula was by his side.
Rex served for 8+ years with the department before he retired in August 2018. He was trained in explosive detection and patrol/tracking.
Rex could be seen at several large events like the Boilermaker Road Race after party and Utica Comets games.
He received the Honorable Service Award by UPD for his apprehension of a suspect with a handgun.
- Dedicated member of UPD passes away
- UPD hoping to build closer bond between police, community members
- Deadline approaching for UPD applications
- Oneida County Sheriff deputizes UPD narcotics unit
- UPD: Most Utica roads back open
- UPD'S Citizens' Police Academy returns for another year
- UPD, DPW outline budget needs to Common Council finance committee
- UPD releases booking photo of UC student arrested
- UPD reaches out to the community with free summer movies
- UPD says man displays handgun at large group