ROME, N.Y. -- The glass door of the Department of Social Services, in Rome, was smashed in early Monday morning.
Before 6 a.m. at the West Dominick Street building, a deer crashed through the door, under the handle – and got trapped.
A maintenance worker for the county says the deer sat down for a time before leaving the way he came.
"He got into the little lobby here, in between. he bounced around a little bit. He sat down for a little while and then he came back out and ran down the street," said Erik Bousquet, the worker.
The deer was gone before the office opened Monday morning.
- Deer crashes through glass door of the Rome DSS building
- Herkimer County DSS worker facing drug charges
- Car vs. deer crashes in Oneida County
- Car crashes through Rome storefront
- Glass blowing class on the water
- Propaganda at your door
- 2 injured in car-deer crash in Boonville
- Rome Man in Serious Condition Following Crash
- Condition changes in Rome motorcycle crash victim
- Car crashes into Dunkin Donuts in Rome