DEERFIELD, N.Y. -- Mohawk Valley organizations were busy celebrating World Down Syndrome Day Thursday.
Deerfield Elementary School got in on the festivities by wearing yellow and blue to raise awareness.
Students and teachers also got to use a photo booth from Allie's Célfie Central.
Allie, the young businesswoman, has Down syndrome and is from New Hartford.
She brings her selfie station with her to local events and gets everyone in on the fun!
World Down Syndrome Day is a global awareness day which has been officially observed by the United Nations since 2012.
- Deerfield Elementary taking selfies to raise awareness on World Down Syndrome Day
- Local mom promotes World Down Syndrome Awareness Day in honor of her son
- Santa comes to Deerfield
- Mug Club: Deerfield Fire Department Field Days
- Raising awareness for gun violence
- Coin collectors converge on Deerfield
- SMS Awareness Day
- More than 250 people died taking selfies since 2011
- Car slams into utility pole in Deerfield
- Fire officials investigating Deerfield house fire