FRANKLIN, N.Y. – Delaware County Sheriff Craig DuMond says an arrest has been made in connection with suspected dog fighting in Franklin.
The sheriff’s office seized 20 dogs from a Franklin barn in early February. Deputies say the dogs were inappropriately held and appeared neglected.
The Susquehanna SPCA took six of the dogs that were removed from the home. SPCA Executive Director Stacie Haynes said the dogs were living in travel crates, and some had scars all over. One dog even had a staple in her nose, after it seemed to have been “ripped in half,” according to Haynes.
On Thursday, DuMond said a suspect had been charged, and details would be released tomorrow.
- Delaware County Sheriff's Office makes arrest in suspected dog fighting case
- Dogs taken from Delaware County barn; dog fighting suspected
- 41 Counts in suspected dog fighting case
- Delaware County teen accused of making terroristic threat against school
- 2 children killed in Delaware County fire
- UPDATE: Bronx man missing out of Delaware County found dead
- 15-year-old boy reported missing in Delaware County found
- Teen sentenced in plot to bomb Delaware County Muslim community
- Sheriff Maciol offers safety tips after police officer impersonation case
- Police make arrest after shots fired during fight