ONEONTA- Democratic candidate for the 19th congressional district, Antonio Delgado held his fifth, town hall in Oneonta on Friday night. This is part of a series of 11 he'll be holding before the election.
Otsego County residents asked Delgado questions on healthcare and how to make it more affordable and accessible for people. Delgado said he wants people who like their health insurance to keep it, but said he also wants other options for those who need it or can't afford it.
Some other topics Delgado talked about was the need to invest in infrastructure and equality for women, particularly paycheck fairness. Delgado said his main goal is to be a voice for the people. "There's somebody who is here to do work for them, who cares for their needs, young and old, Democrat, Republican, Independent." He added that he was going to fight for true representation for people in the 19th district.
We also reached out to Congressman John Faso's campaign office for a comment on the town hall, here's the full statement:
"If Antonio Delgado wants to have a real exchange of ideas to help inform voters, he can show up to the Oneonta League of Women Voters' debate next Tuesday. Until then, he's simply ducking debates and the opportunity to provide voters in Delaware and Otsego counties the ability to make an informed choice. John Faso has had over 1,000 meetings with constituents over the past 20 months, including two town halls, one of which was televised. Unlike Mr. Delgado, these meetings include events with people other than his supporters."
- Delgado holds his 5th town hall at SUNY Oneonta
- NY-19: Delgado holding first town hall in Otsego County Monday
- SUNY Oneonta graduation ceremony
- VA Holds Town Hall
- Delgado to open Congressional office in Oneonta
- Hundreds graduate from SUNY Oneonta
- SUNY Oneonta announces death of freshman student
- Students move in at SUNY Oneonta
- Congressman Delgado discusses farm issues, student loans during town hall meeting
- Brindisi holds Tax Talk Town Hall