Voters are heading to the polls today in Otsego County and northern Herkimer County.
Congressional Democratic primaries are happening in the 19th and 21st Congressional Districts.
The race for the 19th Congressional District in Otsego County has garnered national attention for its large candidate pool in a swing district. The district is roughly one-third Democrats, one-third Republicans and one-third Independent.
The seat is currently held by Republican Rep. John Faso, and there are seven Democratic candidates vying for a spot on the ballot in November: Jeff Beals, Dave Clegg, Erin Collier, Antonio Delgado, Brian Flynn, Gareth Rhodes and Pat Ryan.
Whoever wins in the Democratic Primary on Tuesday will run against Faso in the general election in November.
In the 21st Congressional District, which includes northern Herkimer County, there are six Democratic candidates vying for a position on the general election ballot: Tedra Cobb, Patrick Nelson, Dylan Ratigan, Katie Wilson, Emily Martz and Don Boyajian.
Whoever wins the primary election on Tuesday will run against Republican Rep. Elise Stefanik, who currently serves in the position.
- Democratic primaries in 19th, 21st Congressional Districts today
- Tedra Cobb unofficially wins 21st Congressional District Democratic primary
- Democratic congressional candidates face off in 19th district debate
- Local Congressional Districts Primary Results
- 2018 Congressional Democratic Primary Results
- Republican Stefanik wins 3rd term in 21st Congressional District
- Cooperstown woman announces campaign for 19th Congressional District race
- Delgado ousts GOP's Faso in 19th Congressional District race
- Rhinebeck lawyer Antonio Delgado declares victory in 19th District Democratic primary
- Former VP Joe Biden stumps for Delgado in 19th Congressional District race