UTICA, N.Y. -- The demolition of the former Sunset Ave school is underway. The Utica City Planning Board approved the project back in 2018.
The Kelberman Center will construct an apartment complex replacing the former school.
NEWSChannel 2 spoke to the head of U.C.P that states they are moving forward with construction.
The building will consist of a 60 unit residential complex. 12 of those will be just for individuals with autism.
The project received a $380,000 grant through the Regional Economic Development Council initiative. That money will be used just for the first floor of the building.
The completion of the project is scheduled for December 2020.
- Demolition of former Sunset Ave School continues
- Demolition begins on former Sunset School in Utica
- Kelberman Center addresses concerns centered around former Sunset School plans
- UPDATE: Utica Common Council cancels meeting on Sunset School building
- Whitesboro Street Demolition
- Chenango Ave Bridge construction underway
- Public meeting in South Utica regarding Kelberman Center plans for former Sunset School
- Burrstone Road Bridge demolition now underway
- Demolition officially begins on Rome parking garage
- Demolition begins at Enchanted Forest Water Safari