UTICA N.Y.- On holidays not so many restaurants are usually open, but there are a few that are if you're looking for a place to eat.
NewsChannel 2 went to the Denny's on North Genesee Street in Utica to find the restaurant open on Thanksgiving. A good crowd came to the restaurant to enjoy a meal.
Brian Hanna the restaurant's General Manager says it feels great to be open all the time to serve people who have different hours, and who have the holidays off.
"It's really kind of the non-traditional crowd. It's people that may not either have families around, maybe working today, maybe travelling through, so we are very pleased to be able to provide that for them." says Hanna.
The holidays are the busiest for Denny's as they are always open 24 hours.
The Rome and Herkimer Denny's locations are also open.
Denny's also partners with an organization called No Kids Hungry. They ask for donations, and will give you a $15 gift card in exchange. Proceeds go to No Kids Hungry to help kids get the nutrition they need to learn. Denny's has raised over $60,000,000 in an eight year period to help feed hungry children.
- Denny's Restaurants open on Thanksgiving
- Varick Street Bars and Restaurants bustling the night before Thanksgiving
- Dennis Rodman visiting New Hartford in October
- Chesterfield owners open new restaurant in Utica
- Rome man accused of slapping Denny's waitress on the butt
- Denny's waitress talks about having her butt slapped by customer
- Who crashed their vehicle into the Denny's in New Hartford?
- New restaurant Green n Wave opens in Sangertown Square Mall
- Holiday shopping: List of department stores open on Thanksgiving Day
- Thanksgiving Travel Forecast