WESTMORELAND – The Oneida County Sheriff’s Office is investigating reports that residents in the town of Westmoreland received Ku Klux Klan information outside their homes.
Deputies recently responded to Camelot Village, a manufactured home community in Westmoreland, for a report of suspicious activity.
Camelot Village residents reported finding weighted Ziploc bags with printed materials inside that were seeking members to join the United Northern & Southern Knights of the Ku Klux Klan. Deputies say the bags were left at the end of multiple driveways, sometime between 4 a.m. and 8 a.m.
Deputies are asking anybody with information about the investigation – including personal contact with people involved, information on suspicious vehicles, or home security footage – to contact the Sheriff’s Office at 315-736-0141. All calls will be kept confidential.
Deputies also sent NEWSChannel 2 a scanned copy of the KKK materials that were found:
- Westmoreland residents receive KKK materials
- KKK flyers left on Westmoreland lawns
- Deputies investigating after KKK materials are found in Rome
- Westmoreland Pool Fundraiser
- NEWSTALK: Halloween in Westmoreland
- Westmoreland CSD residents to vote on capital project today
- KKK Robe Sells for $3,000 at Auction
- Westmoreland Masonic Lodge Open House
- Westmoreland town pool officially opens
- Three injured in Westmoreland accident