OTSEGO COUNTY- A breakthrough has been agreed to in the investigation of the Otsego County Sheriff's Office's handling of an alleged threat made by a correctional officer about a year ago.
Sheriff Richard Devlin Jr.'s son, Ros allegedly made threats to shoot up an elemenatry school, shoot employees at the jail and commit suicide in front of superior officers in 2017. He was put on administrative leave for that incident.
According to Allotsego.com officials on the Otsego County board ordered a medical examination for Ros that could determine whether he goes back to work or is dismissed.
Officials said they'll discuss and vote on the agreement at a board meeting on Wednesday night.
- Developments in investigation of Otsego County Sheriff's son
- Otsego County Sheriff's race
- Otsego County officials discuss investigation into Sheriff's Office
- Otsego Co. Sheriff agrees to recuse himself from son's case
- Otsego County DA disputes sheriff candidate's claim
- Otsego County 2018 goals
- Conditions in Otsego County
- Panel discusses options for future economic development in Otsego County
- Otsego County sheriff's son, accused of making school threats, resigns from CO job
- Otsego sheriff's department searching for missing woman