The team wore special purple uniforms and fans were encouraged to rock purple all for a great cause.
The March of Dimes is an organization that helps support premature babies and their families.
Laura Powers and her family had the honor of throwing out the ceremonial first pitch at Saturday's game.
This is a cause that is near and dear to her heart.
"Well, we fell in love with March of Dimes when our sons were born three months premature so they're miracles. Absolute miracles and we really appreciate all the work March of Dimes has done because without all of the research and science and funding. I don't know if these guys would be with us right now at 4 years old."
As for the matchup between the DiamondDawgs and Rapids, Mohawk Valley dropped a tough one 6-8 at home. They return to action Sunday evening in Albany.
- DiamondDawgs host Purple in the Park night
- Wear Purple #DressForSTEM Today
- DiamondDawgs pound Blue Sox at Murnane Field
- DiamondDawgs sweep mid-week home-and-home against Outlaws with win at Vets Park
- Blue Sox top DiamondDawgs in first meeting of 2019 season
- The Utica Blue Sox host Pink the Park night
- Comets recognized as Purple Heart hockey club
- National Purple Heart Day ceremony in Utica
- Gold Star, Blue Star families added to Purple Heart Memorial Veterans Park
- DiamondDawgs halt two-game skid with high-scoring win over Trail Blazers