UPDATE - Search has resumed on Oneida Lake for missing boater. This is a picture Saturday morning at 7:30 A.M..
CANASTOTA, N.Y. - Oneida County Sheriff Rob Maciol says emergency responders from departments all around the area were out searching for a man believed to have gone off of his boat to go swimming but never came up.
According to Sheriff Maciol, there was a large law enforcement and fire department presence on Oneida Lake. There was also a helicopter circling the scene.
At this point, the identity of the individual is not being released.
- Divers search Oneida Lake for missing boater
- Search continues for missing man on Oneida Lake
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office announces 2018 boater safety courses
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office talks importance of boater safety
- Boaters on Fourth Lake come to the rescue of man and 3-year-old girl
- Boaters on Fourth Lake help save life of man, 3-year-old girl
- Body recovered from Oneida Lake believed to be that of missing man
- Deputies investigating after body is pulled from Oneida Lake
- Free NYS Boater Safety Course offered in Oriskany, registration required
- Buffalo police ordered to fix violations after diver's death