SANGERFIELD, N.Y. -- More information about Thursday's fire in Sangerfield has been released.
Oriskany Falls fire officials say that although the cause of the fire on Sanger Hill Road is still unknown, they do know that the fire started in the basement of the home.
One person was able to make it out of the home safely, but a dog died in the fire.
More than a dozen firefighters responded to the call Thursday morning around 8 a.m., where crews had to bring water to the scene.
- Dog killed in Sangerfield fire, cause undetermined
- Cause of Sangerfield fire under investigation
- Cause of Westmoreland fire undetermined due to severe damage
- 2 people hospitalized following 1-car crash in Sangerfield
- UPDATE: Woman in critical condition following crash in Sangerfield
- 16 year old killed, 18 year old injured in one vehicle accident in Sangerfield
- 2 dogs killed, 2 dogs rescued in Dolgeville house fire
- UPDATE: Family dog killed in Frankfort house fire
- UPDATE: 2 dogs killed, family of 4 displaced by Poland fire
- Utica police search for driver who hit, killed dog