UTICA, N.Y - For the second year in a row, Barks and Brews was held in Handshake City.
The dog-loving event took place at the container park in Bagg's Square Sunday afternoon.
Residents enjoyed locally made beers from various breweries including Copper City Brewing Company in Rome and Woodland Farms Brewing Company.
The dogs got to enjoy on-site grooming, dog photography, nail trims, and dog caricatures. Event organizer Katie Reilly said that Barks and Brews is a great way to bring the community together.
"It's basically a way for dog owners and dog lovers to hang out outside in downtown Utica, And get a taste of what we do as Made in Utica, and celebrate cool things going on in our city," said Reilly.
Although the event was free, event goers were encouraged to make donations to the Stevens-Swans Humane Society.
- Dog lovers flock to Bagg's Square for 2019 Barks and Brews
- Bagg's Square Brewing Company to open
- Bagg's Square Association hands out annual awards
- Equipment delivered to Bagg's Square Brewing Company in preparation for January opening
- Handshake City coming to Bagg's Square in Utica
- Boil water advisory lifted for Baggs Square businesses in Utica
- The Doyle to open its doors for tenants soon in Baggs Square area
- Construction work shutting down water in portion of Baggs Square overnight
- As lease comes to an end, Bagg's Square owner decides to close restaurant
- NEWSTALK: National Zoo Lover's Day