DOLGEVILLE, NY - Dolgeville Central School was alive with the sound of music this weekend as they hosted the Zone 4 Senior High Area All-State Music Festival.
Young musicians from 30 schools across the region spent Friday rehearsing with special guest conductors before taking the stage in the Sam Camardello Auditorium on Saturday.
The Treble Choir and Concert Band performed first, followed by the Symphony Orchestra and Mixed Chorus.
Festival Chairperson Katlin Wolford says events like this bring some amazingly talented students together and teaches them lessons they can take with them after high school.
"One, it's an artistic endeavor, and two, it’s commitment, and dedication, and collaboration. All things that are great for our students as they go out into the world after they graduate high school. They can use these skills for a life time. Music is also a life time activity that they can get enjoyment from."
Some of the students who performed at the Zone 4 Senior High Area All-State Concert will go on to perform at the next level, which is Conference All-State at Eastman Theater in Rochester.
- Dolgeville hosts Zone 4 Senior High Area All-State Concert
- Area students perform at 2018 Junior High All-County Concert
- Westmoreland hosts 2019 Junior High All-County Concert
- Mattress Express hosts fundraiser for Dolgeville flood victims
- Stanley Theater to host Woodstock tribute concert
- Mug Club: Dolgeville Violet Festival
- Flood recovery continues in Dolgeville
- Dolgeville man accused of assaulting ex-girlfriend
- Dolgeville man accused of raping child
- Crews battle fire at vacant Dolgeville home