DOLGEVILLE, N.Y. -- The second time around for the Dolgeville Central School budget vote was still not enough. The vote was 358 yes, 308 no. However, for the budget to pass, 60% of the vote had to be yes, or 398 votes.
A contingency budget will have to be implemented.
"Contingent budget means we have a zero percent tax increase." says Superintendent Lynn Rhone.
"There's restrictions on equipment. We can't buy any equipment unless it's an emergency. There's restrictions on what kind of repairs we can make."
The Superintendent said they will be using a little more than 200,000 of the fund balance to balance our budget.
- Dolgeville school budget gets a yes vote, but not enough
- Proposed Dolgeville school budget raising concerns
- Dolgeville Central School facing possible cuts after budget shortfall
- What's next for the Dolgeville Central Schools budget
- New budget proposal for Dolgeville Central School District
- Residents head back to the polls for Dolgeville school budget vote
- Residents in Dolgeville CSD reject more than $19M budget proposal
- Residents voice concerns over new Dolgeville school budget at public hearing
- Local school districts to vote on budgets, school boards today
- Mug Club: Dolgeville Violet Festival