UTICA, N.Y. - After more than 15 years with the station, NEWSChannel 2 Evening Anchor Don Shipman has announced he’s leaving WKTV later this month. Shipman will become an anchor/reporter in Springfield, Massachusetts.
Shipman has been with WKTV since January 2004 and has held numerous positions with the station including News Producer and Weekend Anchor, before taking over the Evening Anchor duties from Bill Worden back in 2012.
“Working for my hometown news station has been an honor and privilege,” Shipman said. “I’ve had an opportunity to work alongside and learn from some of my mentors as well as help teach young journalists as they start their careers at WKTV. Both Adam and I have made lifelong friendships with people who have become like family. I look back on my time at WKTV and living in Utica with nothing but fond memories and immense gratitude. Thank you.”
“Don’s been an integral part of the success here at NEWSChannel 2, and certainly left his mark on the station,” said WKTV VP/GM Steve McMurray. “With his diverse skill set, talent, and commitment to our viewers, he’s certainly going to be missed. We wish him the best as he continues his broadcast journalism career in Springfield."
Shipman is a West Winfield native who attended Herkimer College and Utica College before beginning his broadcast career.
His last day at WKTV will be April 17.
- Don Shipman leaving WKTV after more than 15 years
- GoTD 2016: Don Shipman
- Good luck, not goodbye to WKTV's outgoing Don Shipman
- A look back at 15 years of Don Shipman at WKTV
- Don Shipman says goodbye after more than 15 years at WKTV
- Kristen Copeland delivers emotional farewell to co-anchor Don Shipman
- Happy Holidays from WKTV!
- Happy holidays from WKTV
- WKTV Heart Telethon: Call now to donate!
- WKTV Heart Telethon: Call 1-866-374-9588 to donate!