LAURENS - One month after a fire at Don's Meat Shop, in Laurens, the business is back open. From the moment the flames broke out, Don Toombs said he would reopen. The butcher shop, that's been in operation for 48 years, sits about 30 yards from his house. It was his 13-year-old grandson who first spotted the fire. The two tried to use hoses to douse the flames. Luckily, the main structure of the business didn't suffer too much damage.
Now, the owner is trying to spread the word that he's back open. Don's Meat Shop is open Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and on Saturday from 8:30 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. If you need to get in touch with Don to make an appointment, call (607) 432-3388. Don's Meat Shop is on Route 10, in Laurens.
- Don's Meat Shop reopens after June fire
- Don’s Meat Shop owner : We will reopen
- Palm Springs Mini-Golf in Marcy prepping for June reopening
- GoTD 2016: Don Shipman
- Red meat allergy on the rise
- Dairy farmers struggle to make ends “meat”
- Job Orders: June 3 – June 7, 2019
- Job Orders: June 10 – June 14, 2019
- Job Orders: June 17 – June 21, 2019
- Job Orders: June 24 – June 28, 2019