UTICA, N.Y. – The planning committee for the Utica Downtown Revitalization Initiative has scheduled upcoming meetings to discuss how to allocate the $10 million in state funding the city received in November.
The public is welcome to attend the planning meetings, the first of which will be on Tuesday, Dec. 10, at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel in Utica from 2 to 4 p.m.
Mayor Robert Palmieri and Dr. Laura Casamento, president of Utica College, will co-chair the Utica planning committee.
Other stakeholders on the committee include local developers, business owners, property owners and city residents.
The next meeting will be Wednesday, Dec. 18 at the thINCubator in Utica from 2 to 4 p.m.
An open house has also been scheduled for Dec. 18 from 4:30 to 7 p.m. with a presentation scheduled to start at 5:30 p.m. The public is encouraged to attend the open house to ask questions and provide input on DRI planning.
Other members of the DRI planning committee include:
- Business Development: Steve DiMeo of Mohawk Valley EDGE, Vincent Gilroy of the Utica Industrial Development Agency and Meghan Fraser-Mcgrogan, member of the Greater Utica Chamber of Commerce
- Neighborhood Development: Alicia Dicks of The Community Foundation of Herkimer and Oneida Counties and Regina Bonacci of the Downtown Utica Development Association
- Transportation: Richard Lee (CENTRO)
- Downtown Business/Property Owners: Michael Pezzolanella (Landmarc building), Chris Etheridge (Soul One 12), Shelley Callahan (The Center), Maria Kontaridis (Masonic Medical Research Institute) and Jeff Brandstadt (Black River Systems)
- Financial Institutions: Barry Sinnott of Bank of Utica
- Arts & Culture: Vartan Poghosian (4 Elements Studio), Anna D’Ambrosio (Munson Williams Proctor Art Institute) and Michelle Truett (484 Design)
- Faith-Based Organizations: Michael Ballman of Cornerstone Community Church and Plymouth Bethesda Church
- Downtown/City residents: Sonny Greco, Dawn Carter-Laguerre