UTICA, N.Y. – Construction will begin Thursday on a fence surrounding the site of the new Mohawk Valley Health System medical center in downtown Utica.
The fence is expected to take at least 10 business days to build. Delivery and assembly of the fence will take place between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. each business day through at least Oct. 24.
The fence will run from State Street along Columbia Street to Broadway; along Broadway to Lafayette Street; down Lafayette Street back to State Street; and along State Street to Columbia Street.
Due to the construction, street parking from State Street to Broadway on Columbia and Lafayette Streets will no longer be available. Cornelia Street from Columbia to Lafayette will also be closed to traffic when the fence is completed.
A flagger will be on site to direct traffic during construction.
- Downtown hospital fence construction may cause traffic delays
- Downtown Hospital Threats
- MVHS gathers downtown hospital supporters
- Oriskany Street accident causes traffic delays
- Traffic alert due to construction in Dolgeville
- Portion of Broadway closed to traffic as downtown Utica construction continues
- MVHS earns Certificate of Need approval from state for downtown hospital construction
- MVHS unveils downtown Utica hospital exterior design
- Milestone achieved in downtown Utica Hospital process
- Traffic delays, road closures for Ilion Days Doo Dah Parade