BATAVIA, N.Y. (AP) - Blame the spider.
That's what a driver did after his car landed upside down off a road in upstate Batavia.
According to the Genesee County sheriff's office, no one was injured Friday when Richard Amico Jr. hit an embankment with his Buick, flipping over and ending up in a driveway.
Amico told the sheriff's office that a spider had jumped on his leg and startled him. He said he lost control of the car while trying to get the creature off.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Driver blames spider after car flips over in upstate NY
- Sen. Schumer announces upstate NY infrastructure proposal
- Sibling rockers defend Upstate NY 'Simpsons' portrayal
- Movin' Mondays Spider Lunges
- Flip Floptober
- Teen driver kills upstate NY man who was lying in roadway
- Schumer takes fight against GOP tax plan to upstate NY
- Upstate NY Forum on craft beer's economic potential
- Agency: Rikers Island, 4 upstate jails 'worst' in NY
- Upstate NY college president resigns amid plagiarism claim