(NBC News) The fight over the now-infamous memo released last week by Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee is escalating, with Democrats hoping to release their response.
The president claims the GOP document "totally vindicates" him in the Russia investigation, but Democrats say their memo tells a very different story.
"It provides additional context and details which shows Nunes' allegations to be flat out wrong," says Rep. Jim Himes.
The House Intelligence Committee is set to vote on releasing it Monday evening.
President Trump has the final say on whether that Democratic memo becomes public, and his team promises it will receive the same consideration as the GOP memo.
The question from both parties is if the Republican memo gives President Trump grounds to upend an investigation he has long called a 'witch hunt.'
Read more: http://nbcnews.to/2EhKNXj
- Dueling memos paint different pictures
- Dueling Congressional fundraisers
- Apple analyst paints a bleak picture for iPhones
- The technology of the future paints a very lonely picture for all of us
- Mug Club: Sip & Paint
- 2018 Boilermaker - A picture perfect day!
- Photoshopped social media picture alarms students in Westmoreland
- Mug Club: Paint and Create Event
- Boilermaker officials paint 5K start line Monday
- Whitesboro scratches out win against Holland Patent; Little Falls walks off versus Frankfort-Schuyler in pitcher's duel