UTICA, N.Y. -- A Utica company is growing, and that means the need for a bigger space.
ERL Intermodal is a freight company -- 6 years ago they had 12 trucks, today they have more than 50.
A ceremony was held Wednesday to celebrate the opening of its new location on Railroad Street, in North Utica.
ERL is also leasing land on Leland Avenue to park the trucks.
It's a company you don't deal with directly, but you are likely very familiar with their work.
“We transport overseas containers from the pier up to upstate New York, and all areas in the northeast with products. All different kinds of products from olive oil to machine parts to furniture. You name it. Anything you buy, we ship,” said ERL Intermodal co-owner Steven Kowalsky.
ERL Intermodal is part of the "Empire" family, Empire Recycling, Confidata and more.
- ERL Intermodal growing in Utica with new Railroad Street location
- Utica College Grows New Walls
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Oriskany Street, Utica
- Mug Club: Adirondack Scenic Railroad
- Utica man charged in Hopper Street crash
- Utica police investigating death on William Street
- West Street Apartments complex opens in Utica
- Jay Street in Utica permanently closed
- Utica construction: Detours for Seneca, Washington streets
- West Utica streets reopened after propane leak