(July 31, 2017)
COOPERSTOWN – The five new members inducted into the National Baseball Hall of Fame this past weekend took part in a live roundtable discussion with ESPN on Monday.
It was a treat for both fans and local media to hear from these Hall of Famers about their experiences this weekend.
ESPN’s longtime baseball reporter Peter Gammons led the panel discussion. He touched on everything from what the players enjoyed most about this weekend, to how much it meant not only to them, but the cities they represent.
“Yesterday when we were in the ceremony, just seeing all the Hall of Famer's behind us, it was an incredible moment,” said 2017 inductee Ivan Rodriguez. “And later on when we finished the ceremony, when we went to dinner I said to Jeff – Jeff and I were sitting together – and then I looked and I said to Jeff, ‘What a room we are in, this is unbelievable.’ You see Hank Aaron, you see all the Hall of Famers – it was incredible.”
“It was very cool to me to have my two brothers come in who I don't see very much, to be with my father and me,” said 2017 inductee Jeff Bagwell, “just because it's a special moment to get everybody together and it doesn't happen very often. He's in North Carolina, my brothers are in Florida and I’m in Texas, so to get a chance to see them just to share that with them was a very special moment.”
Tune into the NEWSChannel 2 Live at Five Newshour and NEWSChannel 2 at 6 p.m. for more from the five Hall of Famers.
- ESPN hosts panel with 5 new Hall of Famers in Cooperstown
- Catching up with current Hall of Famers in Cooperstown
- Running Hall of Famer Bill Rodgers: Boilermaker ‘an American classic’
- Hall of Famer, pioneering manager Frank Robinson dies at 83
- Cooperstown Says Goodbye to Graduates
- Proposed parking plan in Cooperstown
- Chairs in place, thousands prepare for Hall of Fame Parade in Cooperstown
- World Series artifacts headed to Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown
- Quite a warm day for the annual Hall of Fame Classic in Cooperstown
- Cooperstown Chamber of Commerce honors Business Hall of Fame Class of 2019