DEERFIELD – Two people from Gloversville were hospitalized following a one-car crash in the town of Deerfield early Tuesday morning, according to the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies say around 3:50 a.m. Tuesday, 22-year-old Tomas Fernandez II was driving a 2014 Buick eastbound on Route 8 in the town of Deerfield when he tried to make a right-hand turn and his vehicle slid on the snow-covered road. His vehicle then struck the guide rail at the intersection of Route 8 and Route 28.
Deputies say that Fernandez and the front-seat passenger, his father, 54-year-old Tomas Fernandez, both complained of chest and pack pain, and they were transported to St. Elizabeth Medical Center by Kunkel Ambulance.
The Poland Fire Department assisted the Sheriff’s Office at the scene.
- Early morning accident in Deerfield sends father & son to hospital
- Santa comes to Deerfield
- Motorcycle accident in town of Ohio sends 1 to hospital
- Coin collectors converge on Deerfield
- Two identified in Deerfield shooting
- Deerfield mom turns pain to purpose, writes obit for son who died of overdose
- Bridgewater motorcycle accident leaves woman hospitalized
- Car slams into utility pole in Deerfield
- Fire officials investigating Deerfield house fire
- School bus involved in Deerfield crash