Last night the first snow storm of the season arrived in Central New York and brought several inches of snow with it. State D.O.T. and local municipalities worked around the clock to try and clear the roads. It is recommended that drivers give themselves some extra time this morning to get to where they need to go.
Steady snow and early morning sleet caused for a consistent coating of snow and ice on the roads and there were several reports of cars going off the roads. Several schools have closed or delayed their start by a couple hours in the hope for the roads to clear more.
Snowfall totals have been between 5 inches in Laurens to 14 inches in Port Leyden.
- Early morning snow storm causes slippery commute
- A slippery morning commute expected Thursday
- Lake effect snow for the Monday morning commute
- Winter storm causing slippery conditions on local roadways
- Sunny start, slippery finish to weekend
- Route 28 crash delayed morning commute in Herkimer
- Morning, evening commutes impacted by construction in Utica
- Snow, snow, snow
- Trump commutes sentence of Alice Marie Johnson