UTICA, NY – Local golfers teed off Sunday at the Valley View golf course for a very special cause.
The East Utica Golf Classic.
This is the ninth year for the classic, and each year an adult or child in need is chosen to be the beneficiary of the tournament.
This year’s recipient was Connor Krupsky.
Connor was born prematurely, weighing only 1 pound 14 ounces at the time of his birth.
Money raised from this year’s tournament will go towards his medical expenses.
“Unfortunately it’s not a fun thing to pick someone who is going through some medical difficulties,” said East Utica Golf Classic organizer Joe Cracchiolo.
“But we picked somebody who can really benefit in what we can raise, so we were happy to select him and make him our main beneficiary.”
- East Utica Golf Classic aids local residents in need
- ALS Utica Golf Classic
- Mug Club: 11th Annual Tim Foley Recovery Classic Golf Tournament
- Crews respond to fire in East Utica
- Utica Fire Department responds to East Utica for afternoon fire
- Utica Mayor Robert Palmieri talks budget with local residents
- Local towns to receive state aid
- 2 Utica residents facing drug, weapon charges
- Water maintenance for residents in North Utica
- East Herkimer residents express concern about motel occupants