ROME- Whether you're talking Utica or Rome, the goal of the Rescue Mission in each city is the same, to help those in need. On Easter Sunday, the Rome Rescue Mission served a plethora of food to those who were in need.
“It is the biggest holiday for us as it is for the risen savior,” said Executive Director Matt Miller.
The Rescue Mission served hundreds of warm meals, all with the help of numerous community volunteers.
“We are going to do about 150 deliveries, and then our traditional Easter meal,” said Miller.
The brunch consisted of eggs, bacon, french toast, doughnuts and much more. Following the brunch was an Easter Egg Hunt, a worship service, and a classic Easter dinner.
“It is really just a special day, it means a lot to our community and those we help,” said Miller. “It really is special.”
- Easter at Local Mission
- Rome Rescue Mission in need of donations for Easter
- Rome Rescue Mission in need of Easter donations
- Rome Rescue Mission Serves Easter Dinner to those in need
- 6 p.m. Easter Newscast
- Local Rescue Missions still accepting Thanksgiving donations
- Utica Zoo hosts Easter Eggstravaganza
- Rescue Mission goals
- NEWSTALK: Reach Mission Trip
- Need for donations at local rescue missions after holidays