An Edmeston man is facing more than a dozen charges after he allegedly raped a minor, according to New York State Police.
William Bateman, 46, was arrested Jan. 5 and charged with seven counts of felony second-degree rape, six counts of felony second-degree criminal sexual act, and misdemeanor endangering the welfare of a child.
Troopers were notified of an incident that allegedly occurred in Otsego County, and they say an investigation found that Bateman had sexual contact with a child less than 15 years old.
Bateman was arraigned in the Town of Otsego Court and released on his own recognizance. He’s scheduled to return to court on Jan. 17.
Police say an order of protection was issued against him on behalf of the victim.
- Edmeston man accused of raping a minor
- Florence man accused of raping minor in Camden last summer
- State police: Utica man raped, impregnated a mentally disabled minor
- Edmeston man charged after 27 cows found dead at dairy farm
- Rome man accused of raping female child
- Chittenango man accused of raping child
- Rome man accused of raping child
- Rome man accused of raping female victim
- Dolgeville man accused of raping child
- Verona Beach man accused of raping child