EDMESTON – An Edmeston man is facing charges after 27 dead cows were found at a dairy farm, according to New York State Police.
James Mumbulo, 45, is charged with 27 misdemeanor counts of the state Agriculture and Markets law of overdriving, torturing and injuring animals.
Police say they were dispatched to a rented dairy farm on County Route 20 in Edmeston to check the welfare of several animals. When troopers inspected the barn, they found 27 dead cow carcasses and several inches of manure, according to police. They also found that there was no food or water in the barn.
Mumbulo was arrested Sunday after police consulted with a veterinarian and the District Attorney’s Office. He was then released on appearance tickets for the Town of Edmeston Court on Nov. 19.
- Edmeston man charged after 27 cows found dead at dairy farm
- Edmeston man accused of raping a minor
- Two dozen cows found dead on Otsego County farm
- Police describe finding 27 cows dead inside barn as 'horrific'
- Fire strikes again at Trenton dairy farm that lost nearly 200 cows
- The future of small dairy farms
- 2 Richfield men charged in connection to larcenies in the Edmeston area
- Gov. Cuomo condemns ICE raid on Rome dairy farm
- Silos being demolished at Trenton dairy farm following fire
- Trenton dairy farm gets state grant following devastating fire