MARCY, N.Y. -- It might be the weekend of caps and gowns at Whitesboro High School, but it's the summer/fall of blankets and binkies. A total of eight teachers and guidance counselors at the school are pregnant.
"One person said they were pregnant, then like a week later, another, then another, so it was kind of like a running joke," said math teacher, Jessica Corr.
Not only are the eight due within about two months of each other, but it's the first baby for all of them. Having that sympathetic support system has been great for the expectant educators-especially the ones who are in the same departments and share offices.
"Stephanie and Alyssa and I have lunch together, so we're always talking, like, 'I have heartburn. Are you there yet?'" said Corr.
"Especially for us because we're in the same department. We actually share an office, so it's been nice to just like come in like, 'oh, it was a rough night, couldn't sleep' you know just have somebody to talk to," said music teacher, Millie Ruggio.
And, the JOKES...
"Don't drink the water...yeah, that's the number one joke, was pretty much, yeah, don't drink the water," laughed guidance counselors, Margo Testa and Laura Flagg.
Four of the babies are due in August; all are due between late July and October 2. If the pictures are accurate, the Whitesboro High School family will grow by five boy Warriors and three girl Warriors.
- Whitesboro baby fever: One high school, eight expectant educators
- Whitesboro CSD responds to alleged threat against high school
- Student walkout planned at Whitesboro High School for Tuesday
- Whitesboro High School celebrates foreign exchange students for 43rd year
- Hundreds of students graduate from Whitesboro High School
- RAW VIDEO: Student's car catches fire at Whitesboro High School
- Veterans Recognized in Whitesboro
- Whitesboro Street Demolition
- Whitesboro school officials move students' walkout inside
- Whitesboro Police Investigate YouCaring Scam