TABERG, N.Y. -- An elderly man is in critical but stable condition at Upstate Medical Center in Syracuse after escaping his burning home in Taberg on Saturday.
Fire officials say the man dragged himself out of his wheelchair to call 911 when he realized his Glenmore Road home was on fire Saturday night.
Crews put out the fire quickly, and the victim was airlifted to Upstate after inhaling smoke and suffering sever burns.
- Elderly man stable after suffering severe burns in Taberg house fire
- Victim airlifted to hospital with severe burns following fire in Taberg
- Mug Club: Taberg Vol. Fire Co. Chicken BBQ Fundraiser
- Several brush fires amid statewide burn ban
- 2 Taberg children accused of prank calling state police
- Taberg man accused of raping woman, holding her against her will in Trenton
- Mother, daughter suffer life threatening injuries in Yorkville house fire
- Natural Gas Fire in Utica burns for several hours
- Several crews respond to Oneonta house fire
- Michigan boy suffers second degree burns in 'fire challenge'