ONEONTA, NY-- The Town of Oneonta Fire District has announced elections to fill two vacancies for commissioners, after two stepped down last month.
An agreement between the town and the city has yet to be reached on forming a new fire district due to quorum.
Elections for the two positions will be held Tuesday, December 12 at the Elm Park Methodist Church
on Chestnut Street. One position has a five year term limit, the other is a two year term.
Those interested can mail an application to the the Town of Oneonta Fire District's main office.
As of now, a State Supreme Court decision covers fire protection in the town until the end of this year.
Applications can found now at: www.oneontatownfiredistrict.com
- Elections for Oneonta fire district commissioner
- Fire commissioners want to dissolve Oneonta fire district
- Why the Oneonta Fire District voted for dissolution
- Oneonta house gutted by fire
- Town of Oneonta Fire District : "negotiations are out of our hands"
- Judge rules against Town of Oneonta, fire district to dissolve Friday
- Ongoing issues between the town of Oneonta and the fire district resurface at public hearing
- Town of Oneonta is set to get a new fire protection district
- Galimo, new Democratic Commissioner for Board of Elections
- It's Arbor Day in Oneonta