FLORENCE, N.Y. -- A family from the Town of Florence is displaced following a large fire Sunday evening that officials say was electrical in nature. The fire started in the area surrounding the family's christmas tree.
Fire Chief Scott Outtlim of the Florence Fire Department confirms with NEWSChannel 2 that a neighbor called in the fire. It happened at a home along Miller Road around 9 p.m. Sunday. Chief Outtlim says the family was dining out at the time when the fire began. No one was inside the home at the time of the fire, but the family tells fire officials a pet may have died. The family is staying with relatives who live nearby.
Hours were spent battling the fire, as it consumed much of the home.
Fire personnel from Florence, Camden and Taberg responded to the scene, as well as AmCare ambulance and Oneida County Emergency Services.
*Photos Used Courtesy of Scott Johnson