UTICA, N.Y. – The Bagg’s Square Brewing Company headed to its location in the Doyle Building on Main Street in Utica as equipment for the brewery was delivered on Thursday.
Some of the machinery pieces were so large, they had to be placed inside the building through the roof, using a crane.
Owner Jennifer Earl was there supervising the delivery, and says she’s excited to open a new kind of establishment in the area.
“It's a great demographic here with the train station and the DMV is here and there's a lot of businesses in the train station, but this whole area doesn't really have a ton of restaurants. Rob Esche has done an amazing job with a lot of the restaurants in the area and bringing more in, so we're just trying to bring things down in this area specifically the original district of the City,” said Earl.
After five years of work, Bagg’s Square Brewing Company is slated to open in January, serving food and German beer.
- Equipment delivered to Bagg's Square Brewing Company in preparation for January opening
- Bagg's Square Brewing Company to open
- Bagg's Square Association hands out annual awards
- Dog lovers flock to Bagg's Square for 2019 Barks and Brews
- Handshake City coming to Bagg's Square in Utica
- Boil water advisory lifted for Baggs Square businesses in Utica
- The Doyle to open its doors for tenants soon in Baggs Square area
- Construction work shutting down water in portion of Baggs Square overnight
- As lease comes to an end, Bagg's Square owner decides to close restaurant
- Pinz opens at Sangertown Square