NEW HARTFORD – Eric Trump, President Donald Trump’s son, made a visit to New Hartford, Tuesday, to rally support for Rep. Claudia Tenney (R).
Tenney is garnering support from Trump who spoke at the rally. Dozens of people came out to show their support for both Tenney and Trump.
“I think she supports the tax cuts and so on,” said Fred Rebeseher, supporter of Tenney. “I know that she's been supporting the president's agenda, which I personally agree with."
Supporter Tim Trent said:
"She's always stood vigorously for the constitution and for our area. She' s a champion for small business, for agriculture here …"
Trump is pushing supporters to get out and vote for Tenney so republicans can keep the house.
"The energy around the country is nothing short of incredible and I think we're going to win this,” Trump said. “People have to get out. People have to vote. I think we're going to win it and we're going to win again in 2020."
Trump touched on issues facing the country such as the opioid crisis and low unemployment rates, that he says Tenney could help with. Supporters say they agree.
"She's been doing a great job. She sticks with the second amendment. She works with the constitution, and we're proud of her."
Tenney is being challenged by Democrat Anthony Brindisi in what's considered one of the most heated races in the country.
- Eric Trump visits New Hartford to campaign for Rep. Tenney
- Donald Trump Jr. Campaigns for Rep. Tenney on election eve
- Eric Trump to attend rally for Tenney in New Hartford tomorrow
- Rep. Claudia Tenney congratulates Erin Hamlin
- Rep. Tenney: Many mass murderers are Democrats
- Reps. Tenney and Faso react to Trump's meeting with Putin
- Donald Trump Jr. to campaign for Tenney in Rome
- Rep. Claudia Tenney talks about her first year in office
- Dennis Rodman visiting New Hartford in October