UTICA – The Erie Canal Kids Run scheduled for Saturday has been canceled, according to Boilermaker Road Race officials.
The 2nd annual kids run was initially scheduled for 10 a.m. Saturday at A&P Master Images, but it has been canceled due to weather concerns. Parents of children who were registered to run can still pick up their shirts by stopping by the Erie Canal Half Marathon bib pick-up from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday inside the Labatt Blue Entrance of the Adirondack Bank Center.
The Erie Canal Half Marathon, Relay and 5K races scheduled for Sunday are still being held as scheduled. Packet pick-up is also available from 6:30-7:30 a.m. on race morning.
The half marathon and relay races will begin at 8 a.m. Sunday and the 5K will begin at 8:10 a.m. A post-race party will be held inside the Adirondack Bank Center from 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., with food and drinks available for purchase, including Saranac beer.
- Erie Canal Kids Run canceled due to weather concerns
- Mug Club: Erie Canal Half
- Mug Club: Erie Canal Cruises
- Hundreds run in the Erie Canal Half : A Boilermaker Event
- NY Canal Corporation working hard on Erie Canal winter maintenance
- Erie Canal Bike Tour participants make pit stop in Rome
- Cuomo: State to invest $300M into Erie Canal redesign project
- OH-Fest Concert cancelled due to safety concerns
- 2 adults face drug charges after child drowns in Erie Canal
- Two men arrested in connection to dog found abandoned near Erie Canal