Photo Gallery 6 Images
PyeongChang, South Korea - The opening ceremony for the 2018 Winter Games is underway in South Korea.
Remsen native Olympian Erin Hamlin is the flag bearer for Team USA. The large U.S. contingent is one of the more enthusiastic groups, and Hamlin smiled broadly as she waved the flag.
This is Erin's fourth olympic games. She won the bronze medal in women's luge in 2014 in Sochi and she is a two-time world champion. Old Forge's Maddie Phaneuf is also part of team USA, and she's competing in the women's biathlon.
You can watch the opening ceremony live on WKTV NBC begining at 8 p.m. Friday.
For more Olympic games information, including livestreaming and schedules, visit NBCOlympics.com.
- Erin Hamlin carries the flag for Team USA
- Erin Hamlin back in NY
- Erin Hamlin selected to be opening ceremony flag bearer
- Erin Hamlin says goodbye to Lake Placid
- Remsen's Erin Hamlin qualifies for 4th Olympics
- Rep. Claudia Tenney congratulates Erin Hamlin
- 4-time Olympian Erin Hamlin returns home
- Erin Hamlin returns home to hero's welcome
- Erin Hamlin presented DeWitt Clinton Award
- Erin Hamlin thankful for family's support this Thanksgiving holiday