UTICA, N.Y. -- What better way to spend a Saturday than by enjoying a Mohawk Valley staple? Tomato Pie Day is coming up, and NewsChannel 2 has all the information you need to know going into the family-friendly event.
The third annual Tomato Pie Die is this Saturday, April 6 at the Parkway Center from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
If you register ahead of the event, admission is $3 and at the door you’ll pay $5.
I Love Utica is hosting the event and says it’s “a day for our community to come together taste the different tomato pies from area pizzerias and bakeries.”
And for those of you wondering what is new this year, there will be a local celebrity judging panel who will help choose best sauce, crust and most unique tomato pies.
Tomato Pie Makers Competing include:
• Roma’s Sausage & Deli
• Napoli's Italian Bakery
• Salvatore’s Bakery
• Tony’s of Washington Mills
• Utica Bread
• Charlie’s Pizza/It’s a Utica Thing
• Oliveri's Pizza
• Ramon’s Bakery
• Grande’s Pizza
• The Pizza Box
Other Attractions At Tomato Pie Day
• Interactive Display - Utica’s HEROCON
• Drum Circle - House of The Good Shephard
• CNY Roller Derby Girls
• Magician Jonathan Charlz
• Face Painting
• Hair Braiding
• Kids Activities
• Vendors and Crafters Selling Goods
• Italian Ice
• Italian Pizzolie’s
- Utica celebrates Tomato Pie Day
- Newstalk:Tomato Pie Day
- Thousands attend Tomato Pie day in Utica
- Everything you need to know about this year's Tomato Pie Day in Utica
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Fresh Tomato Pie recipe
- NEWSTALK: 'A Bad Year for Tomatoes'
- New Hartford native Matt Abdoo talks tomato pie on Today Show
- McDonald's changes apple pie recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Apple Maple Crumble Pie
- Utica celebrates May Day