With the Heat Index registering temperatures close to 110 degrees in the next two days an Excessive Heat Warning goes into effect Sunday at noon for part of our viewing area. Day two and three of our heat wave are going to be hazy, hot and humid. We are looking at high temperatures getting up into the upper 90s! In addition to this dewpoints will be in the 70s making it feel oppressive outside.
On days like this it is important to stay cool and hydrated to avoid any heat related illnesses. Drink plenty of water, avoid strenuous exercise (If you are going to exercise the time to do it is early in the morning or late at night), try to stay in the air conditioning and if you don't have that make sure you go somewhere cool such as the mall or the movies. Make sure if you are leaving pets outside that they have a shady place to go to and plenty of water to drink. Wear light colored clothing. Most importantly check on your elders and make sure you do not leave any pets or young children in a car.
Here are two more links with tips to stay cool during the heat wave:
The Excessive Heat Warning (purple stays in effect until 10PM Monday and the Heat Advisory (orange) will stay in effect until 10PM Monday. Stay cool and hydrated!
- Excessive Heat Warning goes into effect Sunday at noon
- Governor Cuomo Issues Extreme Heat Warning
- Wind Chill Warnings until Sunday morning
- Winter Storm Warning in effect, several inches of snow likely
- Tsunami warning in effect in Alaska after quake
- Tornado watch in effect
- Rome teacher and teacher's assistant accused of excessive discipline
- Rome teacher, assistant on leave after excessive discipline accusation
- Rome teacher accused of excessively disciplining students found not guilty
- High Wind Warning in effect for CNY; tips to stay safe during power outage